Thursday, October 4, 2018

New People added to my collection in September 2018

2013 Goodwin Champions #25
We start out the month with what I believe is my first ever rodeo card; I actually pulled this from a pack on the 1st.
2015 USA Baseball Stars & Stripes #82
For my Card of the Day project, pulled in Lake George, NY.
2000 Sage Hit Autographs Diamond #A30
This is Jaquay Walls. I don't really have my college cards well documented so it might not be my first of his but I think it is.
2000 Sage Hit #11
 He never made the NBA.
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game #26

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game #38

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game #51
2009-10 Upper Deck The Champions #TC-MC
2009-10 Upper Deck The Champions #TC-PE

There is no reason for the cards in this set to not have numbers. These were inserts in 2009-10 Upper Deck (NHL). Kind of  a cool concept (pun intended, as it's appears to be all ice-based sports) to showcase other sports champions in the set. It appears it was not too popular because I don't think they did it again. Most of the people in the insert will be new to my collection when I eventually get them. I've actually heard of Madison Chock so kind of cool that she was my first card of the set.

All 5 college cards came from the Sousafly collection, the two Ice Champions came from Shoebox Legends. No SI for Kids this month. The October issue actually arrived in October, and will lead off the next post...

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like that he's done so much to battle cancer, and his foundation beyond him.

      Delete
  2. Glad those figure skater cards found a good home, I remember being bummed when I pulled those back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dig the oddball stuff, and I'm a huge fan of the Olympics, so these are right up my alley!

      Delete
  3. It a great day when you can add a rodeo card to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Press Pass did an all-rodeo set a few years ago, but it's not a set I have represented in my collection. But it's the only set I know of with clown relics!

      Delete
    2. Oh dang, now I am really intrigued.

      Delete