Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Yet more highlights from the collection I bought

It's been a while since I shared some of the good stuff from that collection I bought in September...I've been so busy with my mystery project that I have not really done a whole lot of scanning this month. Only what needed to get posted to the Database. Fighting a little burnout on the mystery project got me scanning again, so here's some more highlights....
This set, from 1994-95 Hoops, is one of the earliest parallels of an insert. I've been wanting an example of this set since I began collecting and heard about them, but it took me until this collection to get my first. I've now got two!

 The Ultra Power insert from 1994-95 Ultra is a good one. I'm close to completing it now. It has large metallic sparkles in the clearcoat on the card.
 This just scanned well. Was well received when I posted it on Twitter so here it is again.
 There were several cards from 1993-94 Panini Stickers. I find that it's very rare to find stickers in the wild- this is the first time I've ever gotten any mixed in with other cards. There were a handful of examples of this set. I wish they showed up in repacks.
 I added a bunch of the Z-Cling parallels from 1996-97 Z-Force. Unfortunately they were only in series 1. It sets off my OCD when a parallel is only in one series, and Fleer did that several times in this era.
 Another from the Z-Cling. My all time NBA jersey design.
Another super sparkly Kemp. The lightning bolts are embossed. This is a 10 card insert out of 1998-99 Fleer Tradition, but I believe this is my first from it.

 Genuine Article is a one-year only college release that was pretty much run out of the hobby. This is an autograph, but it's probably not DeJuan Wheat's autograph. They were known for having autographs with the player's name mis-spelled!
 This looks great in a scan, but it looks even better in person. My second of this insert, I pulled the Garnett when new.
A cool insert with a textured front. It's also SN, and my copy is SN444/1000!

7 comments:

  1. Sure loved me some Skybox Emotion from the 90's. That N-Tense insert is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always regret not buying a box of this set when I had the chance to. Now I have too many to make it worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. Looks like your having some fun digging through this collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure have been...and I'm not even half way through yet!

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you already know this or not, but each one of the Hoops Big Numbers rainbow parallels have color variations as well. As I'm typing this I can't think of who it is specifically, but I've got three copies of somebody from that set, and all three cards have a different color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ton of great cards there. Most are from sets I haven't seen before . good stuff

    ReplyDelete