Thursday, February 24, 2022

Black History Month Spotlight: Anthony Duclair

 The Florida Panthers have been on fire this season, and one of the big reasons is their free-agent signing of Anthony Duclair before the 2020-21 season. He had shown signs of brilliance in the past, but was never put in the right situation, or the previous coaches tried to make him into something he wasn't. Not the case in Sunrise and honestly, I would not be surprised to see his name on the Stanley Cup in a few months with the way they have been playing. 

I have only one card of him from the Panthers, from the 2020-21 Upper Deck 3rd series. However, it's not his only card in that series...
he also has an All-Star card from his time with the Ottawa Senators. 

He started his career with the Rangers, but they gave up on him after just one year and shipped him off to Arizona.

From there, he went to Chicago...

and briefly Columbus, but I don't have any cards from there even though he played 30 more games for them than Chicago.

He was traded mid-season to the Ottawa Senators and really became a star while there, and becoming an All-Star for the first time as seen above.


He's on pace to have his best career season this year. His best season points wise was 44, back in 2015-16, and that was in 81 games. He's already got 32 this year in only 43 games. 

I have 16 cards of him in my collection, 13 of which have been scanned. I have 1 insert, 1 promo (both of which shown in this post) and 3 parallels in my collection, with the remainder base cards. I do not have any hits or Serially numbered cards of him.


4 comments:

  1. Duuuuke! Nice to see he's found a home in south Florida, and I'm hoping the Panthers make a nice long Cup run this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't remember him with the Blackhawks. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was only there for 23 games at the end of the 17-18 season.

      Delete