Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Poops guardian de buts



 I saw this card posted on one of the other blogs as a "card of the day" and I absolutely had to have one...how could I not get a card with Poops on it multiple times? 

I laughed hysterically when I learned his name was pronounced "Poopa" but this was even better. 

And of course goaltender being "guardian de buts" in French makes it all even better! 

I just got it in the mail from ebay and scanned it right away...so much fun. I think this may be my "card of the month" for February in fact.

13 comments:

  1. Poor guy... that's a heck of a name.
    But it made me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! What a combination -- and on a Kraft dinners card, too! I'm sure kids all over Canada were giggling when they saw this one back in 1994-95. Thanks for sharing the humor, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory beat me to the Kraft joke. I imagine French Canadian kids needed the joke explained to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly...I thought that was pretty much universal though!

      Delete
  4. Puppa was an All-Star for the Sabres and had a terrific mullet. I need to find this card as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of his all-Star cards from 1990-91 Pro Set, but not much mullet content.

      Delete
  5. I can honestly say that I've never seen a "Poops" card before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think, that's a sentence you can never say again! :)

      Delete
  6. Haha haven't heard of him before. Wouod be fun to collect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a small collection of him due mostly to his time with the Lightning, which is my best friend's favorite team and he gave me all his duplicates

      Delete