Friday, November 23, 2018

What I accomplished on Cardboard History Gallery, November 17-23

Time for another (for now) weekly update on what I've accomplished on the Cardboard History Gallery.

I didn't do any card uploading this week, but I did do:
  1. Packaging for basketball
  2. packaging for hockey
  3. packaging for baseball
  4. created Auto Racing section and did packaging for same
  5. created Non-Sports section and did packaging for same
  6. created Other Sports section and did packaging for same. (This includes everything not part of the big 5, including Multi-Sport and Olympics)
To do this, I sorted my packaging scans for the first time ever. I didn't begin scanning packages until a little later- it looks like during the 2012-13 NBA season, which would make sense as that is when I joined the Trading Card Database, and I began scanning packaging specifically to post it on there. 

All the packaging sections also include ads, mostly scanned out of comic books. They go back to 1976 in the baseball section. I really enjoy the ads. At some point I'll get my sell sheets scanned and posted into an album in the packaging section as well. Think I only have NBA but might have a few from NASCAR.

I also realized, when sorting the scans, that I had forgotten to scan some of the newer blasters I had purchased over the course of 2018, and scanned them as well...but didn't  upload them yet. That will come when I do my monthly update on the 1st of each month, or at least that I start doing then. Based on my Card of the Day project, I know that some of these blasters have been waiting since January to get scanned! I also realized I never scanned the box of 2013 Topps 75th Anniversary, which I got for Christmas in either 2015 or 2016, I can't remember without looking it up...too long ago. That does explain why I didn't send it to my storage unit like I did all the other boxes from that time frame. I'm actually typing this up Thanksgiving morning, before I've scanned it, so hopefully the dust isn't permanently attached, LOL.
(Friday morning edit: it's fine)

I realized too that I didn't scan the boxes SumoMenkoMan sent me way back at the start of the year...I'll be working on them too, but may or may not get them out and done before this post goes live Friday afternoon...not that it really matters since I wouldn't upload them until the 1st anyway. (nope, didn't do them)

The packaging section has a lot of room to expand. I began saving every single box and pack around the 1999-00 season, but they are all lost in my storage unit. I know some were lost to flooding in the unit, but eventually I will find and scan the rest, that survive. But everything I added to my collection from roughly late 1999 to 2012 is not yet scanned.

Here's the weekly stats screenshot.


7 comments:

  1. You are one dedicated collector! Carry on brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to! This new project will be going for a long time, I hope!

      Delete
  2. Impressive work as always. I actually saved most of the card boxes (and at least one wrapper from each) that I'd bought from 1997 to about 2004. But when I moved out of my mom's house and bought my own (much smaller) house they had to go in the recycling bin. Saves a stack of wrappers though. Perhaps I'll pull 'em out and scan 'em up one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Saved* a stack of wrappers.

      Delete
    2. If you do, post them to the Database! There's a ton needed still.

      Delete
  3. i only save one box and one wrapper to use on the binder of any set build i'm doing. I don't have the space. i worry about my cardboard fire hazard as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the space either, but my storage unit solved that problem! Now if only I could find anything in it...

      Delete