Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Even more random scans

I wasn't going to work for it anymore, but I kind of like my streak of posting at least ten times every month. I looked back at my archive, and I've gotten ten or more posts out every month since 2016. That's pretty amazing considering I spent time without my computer working more than once in that time.

So, you get another random scan post.
This guy's name cracks me up. I pulled this one from a pack myself.

 This one came from Chris/The Collector
 Another from this year's UD I pulled. The photos from this angle are usually pretty interesting, and this one is too.
 SI for kids pushed college way, way too much- usually 2 or 3 per issue. Didn't used to be as bad. But you almost never see a female hockey player on cards.
 I finally finished opening my box of Beach Boys cards, figuring I'd spread out the fun. Well, typical Panini fashion, I ended up three cards short of the set but with a stack of duplicates 40 to 50 cards high, including inserts and even insert parallels. It's amazing how Panini can manage to get it wrong so often. Luckily, HutNut on the Database had the three cards I needed and is sending them to me at some point.
 This is a base card. Image is from, obviously, the Pet Sounds album cover photo shoot.
 My local dollar tree still has 2017-18 Panini Stickers for both my sports. My mom brings home packs from time to time, as I am no longer buying new cards it's my only way to get new stuff. This one needed a back scan on the Database, so I rush scanned it. I think only a couple cards need back scans now, but I don't have any of them.
 I got this entire 44 sticker set from Dave & Adam's as a bonus gift several years ago, just finally getting some scanned. I have seen the movie but I don't remember much of it.
 I'm getting into the original box I set aside of stuff already on the Database when I sorted my collection out to prioritize what needed to be done on there. This is one of the first cards I was given in 2015 that put the thoughts of hockey originally in my head.
The cards I set aside to do later were the ones already on the Database, and all the 1980s Fleer cards were already done, so I hadn't scanned any in a few years. Now that I'm done posting everything I have on there, I'm scanning everything I had set aside, so that leads to some 1980s and 90s cards getting scanned. More to come in the next post.

3 comments:

  1. I'm kinda surprised I never saw the Supergirl movie. I was in 6th or 7th grade when that movie came out. Have to imagine I was attracted to the eye candy at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall the movie being very good, to be honest, but I haven't seen it since before I discovered the attractiveness of the female form.

      Delete
    2. Supergirl is one of those movies that I associate with television, if only because it used to be on all the time during the late 80's and early 90's.

      Delete