Friday, May 31, 2019

Random Scan Post V: The Scans Strike Back

I kept the 10 posts per month streak going another month. Yay for me. Enjoy the random cards? Yay for you!

 With my new scanner I can mix the Stadium Club cards in with the other cards, something I have not been able to do since...hmm...2012? I can't remember. RIP to Jerome Kersey, who was killed by a blog clot following knee surgery.
 The sky blue Kings jerseys were cool.
 You don't see people wear #52 too often. 1990-91 Fleer is another set I set aside to do later, and that later is now.
 I bought this set complete in 2013, and I'm pretty sure this is the first card of it to get scanned. It's from Panini Canada, and is bi-lingual.
 1994-95 Hoops is one of my all-time favorite sets, driven mostly, but not fully, on nostalgia. It's a quality design, and is one of the very few sets to include the player's jersey number on the back. They also have full career statistics including playoffs, it's probably the best card back in NBA history.
 This one comes from a yet-to-be-blogged trade with Kenny/Zippy Zappy. It's an insert from an Ebisu Muscats set, which may or may not have been published by BBM. It has the same texture as the BBM cards I have...
This is an insert, as I said, but the base cards are all in bikinis. Not something you would expect from an American music group, but I am not going to complain!
 Funny story about this one. Motorsports Modelcards was a company in business from 1991-92, or perhaps 1994, depending on how you want to look at it. The company also made Blue Ridge decals for scale models. and some of the decal sets came with cards. I got both the decals and the card sets in either 2004 or 2005, but I didn't notice until last week that the cards are different! I always thought, since the pictures were the same, that they were just the regular cards put into the decals. Earlier in May, I looked through my decal stash for the first time in about 10 years, and I looked at the cards again. As it turns out, the cards ARE different! The card number is different and they have a line of text about looking for the full sets.

As far as I know they are undocumented anywhere on the internet, except by me.
 This card was actually scanned on the last day of scanning with scanner #4. But it came out awful so I set it aside. I finally got around to scanning it with scanner #5 and pulled off the good scan on May 28th...original, bad and long deleted scan made mid-February.
Around 2015 I bought a mixed lot of cards in a Facebook group, which is pretty unusual, and the seller padded out the box with a big stack of 2014 Prestige football. The foil name is easy to read in hand, but not in scans, it's Shane Vereen.
You had to know there would be a Star Wars card in here at some point, right? From my favorite Star Wars set, Galactic Files.

2 comments:

  1. That Panini Wings of Fire set is cool. I've been looking for the SR-71 from that set for quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have any extras, only my one copy that I need for my set, so I can't send it to you. But I can keep my eyes open for one.

      Delete