Sunday, May 12, 2019

Guilt free...but I still feel guilty

I feel guilty for two reasons- it takes me a heck of a long time to get a thank you post written- and I feel guilty/bad about the fact that I'm tapped out on stuff to send back, since I have not been buying too much lately. Of course, I am referring to madding's Guilt-Free Basketball Card Club, and the recent package that arrived from the Pacific Northwest chock full of Nets, Warriors, and now Knicks, goodness.

And when I say goodness, I am not kidding.
This Jarrett Allen autograph floored me- this is a big time card. Certainly a card I am too much of a cheapskate to ever buy for myself, that's not in question. But that wasn't all!
 From 2012-13 Totally Certified, a memorabilia parallel.
 My first card from this year's Certified




 He sent me two copies of this card- one with a white fabric swatch, and this one, which is dark blue, but scans black. It's my first card from this insert, to boot!
 I didn't know they did a blue Velocity in last year's Optic until I got this card!
 While Westbrook doesn't play for either of the thee teams I've claimed, I'm happy to have this insert from last year's Hoops. Westbrook does not get enough credit for what he's accomplishing.
 Most people classify this as a Warriors card, but I actually track it and class it as an All-Star card.
 Love the texture on the various Kings inserts from that year's Donruss.
 An insert I needed from 1994-95 Hoops, one of my all-time favorite sets!


This isn't the base Fleer card, I completed that set a long time ago. This is the Tony's Pizza promo version, which is much harder to find! In fact, it's only my third or fourth from the promo set. The only difference in the cards is the Pizza cards are not numbered.

And that's not all. There's still 19 more cards I have not scanned yet- but I can't hold this post off any longer while I wait to get them scanned up.

Thank you Kerry!

While I'm on the topic of thank yous, I received a rather large single card PIF from cnangle of the Database. This was a big surprise to  me because we had an argument a few weeks back and I'm not actually sure we're on speaking terms right now, aside from the obvious surprise of getting a needed card from 1969-70 in the mail unexpectedly! I owe him a thank you for sure, this is not the first time that he has sent me stuff and I have not sent him anything yet. I will be changing that hopefully fairly soon, but since I move at a glacial pace it might still be a few months.

5 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I had to stop seeking trades among bloggers is because my tradebait supply was drying up too fast. And unfortunately... I'm not finding collections at the flea market like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to stop trading for a while due to the fact that it's too hard for me to get into my trade stash right now.

      Delete
  2. Kerry sure sent you a nice selection! One of these I really need to start pursuing the Tony's more, I think I only have one or two of them -- can't go wrong with Hoops Power either! Oh, and a '69-70 Topps from somebody that you had an argument with? Looks like I need to start arguing with more people :) Seriously though, maybe it's a peace offering? And you arguing with someone? That's just hard for me to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly don't bother to argue on the internet...any more. However, there are some topics that I refuse to let slide.

      Delete
  3. Not the best face for Sarunas. Nice cards though.

    ReplyDelete