Friday, May 10, 2019

Random Scan Post

Busy with models, but too windy to paint today (err, yesterday, as I'm scheduling this for Friday, but typing it Thursday), didn't have all the paint I needed, so might as well write up a post.

I'm taking the easiest route possible because I have a lot of model related stuff to do that I've been putting off for...eh, almost a decade now. (properly labeling my pictures, updating my decal collection scans, etc).

So, I'm going to just show ten semi-random cards. The randomness comes from the fact that I'm only pulling from scans that are sitting on my hard drive, not yet processed into my folders. That's not too many cards but enough that I can get some posts out of it.

1996-97 Bowman's Best Refractor, from a trade I made in January with AirPete of the Trading Card Database and Pete's Card Habit.

 I have always been a DC fan but I remember being a big fan of this X-Men cartoon when I was a kid. I don't remember much of it unfortunately.
 1995-96 Ultra. Ultra is my favorite NBA brand, I don't know yet what my favorite NHL brand will be.
 2005-06 MVP, with their very hard to read name fond. It's easier in scans than in person, because it's bigger.
 1995-96 Upper Deck Zan Tabak. I took this card in via trade or gift earlier this year (I don't remember exactly where, and since I'm trying to type up a bunch of posts quickly, not inclined to look it up. I thought it was a duplicate at first because I've been familiar with the photo for years- I pulled the Electric Court parallel when it was new.
 I told you it would be random!
 Unfortunately my copy's bottom right corner took a big hit.
 A parallel of a subset from my all-time favorite set.
 Nabbed this one on COMC.
This one came to me from one of Gavin's duplicate/unwanted dumps.

4 comments:

  1. Man... I loved watching that X-Men cartoon. Never really read the comics, so I learned all about the team from the animated series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I've grown up with DC Comics...had my first read to me at 5 days old. Yet, I can't stand their TV and movie stuff. I dislike Marvel comics but I love their cartoons and movies.

      Delete
  2. X-Men: The Animated Series is one of the greatest cartoons of all-time, easily in the top five. Chris looks like he's starting to turn, might want to keep an eye on that. Zan Tabak! That's one of those guys who I always wonder what happened to, but never take the time to look him up. I wonder how many current NBA fans remember him? Or could even name one of the three teams that he played for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many great cartoons it's hard to pick a top 5. Or even top 10!

      Last I heard he was coaching in Europe, it'll be a while before I get to T in my Encyclopedia, he may be retired from that by then, LOL.

      Delete