Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hot off the Scanner Tray "Week" 14

Back after taking a break for the Top 20 Countdown.

Take a look at this card. Then look again...the Celtics logo appears to be giving him a wedgie! I never noticed that before despite getting this card in 1997.

 1999-00 Finest Heirs to Air #HA1. This is printed on clear plastic, a really neat card.
 1998-99 Metal Universe Linchpins. Each of the white pin designs are die cut. Much better looking in hand.
 1999-00 Hoops Nameplates. This was the first Nameplates set. It lasted for several years and later in it's run it became one of the first patch sets. (with the patches taken from the player's name only). The ones that resemble license plates, like this one, are my favorites.


2002-03 Ovation #68, my 40,000th card. This is an important one to me- for reasons I don't wish to divulge 40,000 was more important to me than hitting 50,000 was.

 Where is Brad Lohaus's right arm?!?

I finally got the last one of these...

 that I needed to make this!
I pulled one of them, got another years ago (don't remember how) and the Robinson came from Ebay.

Today is the Daytona 500! As the season starts, it is the first time since 1987 that there are no NASCAR cards being produced. I've heard rumors- but only rumors- that Panini has secured the license...but you'd think they would have talked about it by now as the 500 is the biggest race of the year...you'd think they would have had them available to buy at the track. I plan to open up a few packs of the 1993 Action Packed Series III box I bought in May 2015. Turns out I have most of them already so hopefully I will be able to find something new. I don't remember exactly but from that series I'm missing something like three base cards and one insert. I hope that we will get some cards before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment