Tuesday, December 12, 2017

My First NBA Insert...sort of

It's funny how memory works some times. This card, from 1995-96 Hoops, I remember it as my first NBA insert...but it cannot possibly be, because each pack of 1995-96 Fleer promised an insert. And since I discovered and began collecting the NBA from a pack of 1995-96 Fleer that my mom gave me, I MUST have gotten an insert in that pack.

In reality, my first NBA insert is lost to history...and this one has been, in my mind, the First for so long that I will probably keep thinking of it that way.

I recently scanned it and have been meaning to write up a post about it. It turns out I scanned it April 3rd. Writing the post December 12th. Speed is not my forte.

Someday I should look for the rest of the cards in this set. It's only 10 cards, and I have 4 of them. I also have Shaquille O'Neal, Jamal Mashburn and Charles Barkley. As for the design, why would Hoops go with pink and purple marble, with some blue holofoil thrown in for good measure? Because it was 1995!

8 comments:

  1. I really liked these inserts. I had the Grant Hill and Jason Kidd from this set. My other favorite insert from 1995-96 Hoops was Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally completed the Block Party insert last year, I believe. Took me long enough!

      Delete
  2. The "10" looks like it is straight out of Microsoft Word WordArt. So 90s

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than some of those 1990s inserts from all major sports-certainly a great looking card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure...the 1990s are my favorite decade for cards...and pretty much everything else, too!

      Delete
  4. Man, I bought a ton of this Hoops product back in the day. On my desk right now, I've got an issue of Collector's Sportslook where the cover is a Grant Hill Hoops RC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I don't think I ever got any of that publication. Back in that time period I had no interest in anything that covered other sports, I went with basketball only. Not the choice I would have made today.

      Delete