Sunday, January 1, 2017

Total Blaster 20: The End!

I bet the few people who are reading these are happy this is the end. I know I am! Not because I dislike the cards, but because I really dislike how Press Pass did it. It was only a 50 card set, and you only got one per box...yet I got more duplicates than new, I think, including today, where it goes out with a whimper...as only one card is now.
 Stenhouse base is a dupe, Stewart red parallel is a duplicate, the Edwards Acceleration is not even the first time it's been a duplicate and that is the most frustrating. It's a ten card set...you got one per box and I got 20 boxes, so you'd think I would have completed the insert, especially considering I already had two of them before the project started...but NO. I did not get the Dale Earnhardt Jr. card. Ingram is also a duplicate.
The one new card is the relic, which is Kasey Kahne. This makes it the first year ever my first card of the year was a "hit", I think. (relic/autograph). This one has a scuff on the tire piece and two wear tabs, so the relic is a nice one. I'm happy to get that one even if the rest of the box was a waste.

The best thing though I think, is that this very disappointing series is now over. Let's never speak of it again. Unless you want to trade for any of the many duplicates, that is.

And to think I put off my Goals of the Year post for this...

6 comments:

  1. The siren song of discounted wax claims another victim...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been happy if press pass did a better job...I know you got the same deal, did you get any Dale Jr Acceleration cards?

      Delete
  2. "Let's never speak of it again."

    Oh, how many sets from the past couple years could get that moniker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I like the set design but press pass not having a clue killed the enjoyment

      Delete
  3. Maybe you can dump the duplicates on COMC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered when I was entering my cards into my Excel chart, but this Kasey Kahne tire piece is my 100th tire relic card!

    ReplyDelete