Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas with Kin

Despite there being only one letter difference between our last names, Kin Kinsley is not actually related to me, it appears. However, unlike most of the people who are related to me, he gave me a Christmas present! (LOL)


And the contents were great! Rangers, including a heavy dose of my favorite player in Henrik Lundqvist, a couple of Golden Knights, and a Harry Gant hologram from 1992! The cool thing is that I got the gold hologram when it was new, but never saw the Silver one...until today! As just about anyone who grew up when I did could tell you, holograms are just about the best things ever! I needed a good portion of these, as well, even though I've been building up my Rangers and Lundqvist collection quite a bit! The Jagr from 2007-08 O-Pee-Chee will go on record as my Card of the Day today, only my 8th card from that 600 card set.

Thank you so much Kin, it was a real surprise to get a present for you, and it's very much appreciated! I wish you many years of happiness with your soon-to-be-new bride! I hope the DeBrincat I sent you has arrived by now, as well!

(PS, sorry my photos have not been great lately. The flash on my camera died so anything taken indoors is kind of stinky)

11 comments:

  1. Nice present! Merry Christmas buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lil package put together by Kin! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Kin hit just about everybody with a surprise mailing, it was good of him to find, and add, so many cards of your guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I can't imagine it's easy to find Rangers in these quantities in Texas!

      Delete
  4. i admit, i felt badly about what i sent once i saw you comment on someone else's post how excited you were to open yours. you're not the easiest to nail down exactly what to send, since you're not too specific. I have noted that you're collecting all Rangers (not just Lundqvist), so I will definitely be able to make it up to you in the future!

    My DeBrincat did make it, sorry I didn't message. I haven't been keeping up with things as i should with the holidays and upcoming nuptials. i hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't feel bad! I wasn't expecting anything at all, so it was a totally pleasant surprise! I'm actually the easiest person to shop for in the world (at least the card world) as I am totally happy with literally anything! I am glad he made it to you- I know you are busy getting ready for marriage, that should be the most important topic on my mind if it were me!

      Delete
  5. Great cards and a great suprise. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas package! I'm tempted to go out and buy some cheap hockey boxes... just so I can pull some Knights cards. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete