Monday, December 10, 2018

spreading cardboard happiness

By time this post goes live, scheduled for 4:30 PM on Monday, some of the packages I've been sending out should have started to show up. I know it's just a small token of appreciation, much less than what I've been on the receiving end of. Without having any lists on me, I don't know if any of the surprises will be needed or not, but I hope so. A couple of the packages in this picture are trades from the Trading Card Database, but the rest are surprise gifts- some of them headed out to people who I've never actually mailed anything to before, and some went to people I send stuff to regularly.

One of them is my Blogger Secret Santa gift.
first time I've thought to photograph the wrapped present before I mailed it

Now, I wasn't able to send everyone who has shown me kindness a package. Some of you, I was not able to find anything to send. Others, I misplaced your addresses. And I kind of ran out of money too. Keep in mind that my monthly hobby budget averages out to $30, or a blaster and some packs.

I decided that instead of buying myself more cards, I was going to give back to some people who have been nice to me.

That isn't the end though. Just tonight (Saturday) I packed up two more things to go out, one of which is a trade on the Trading Card Database, where the trading partner is expecting 4 cards...but is getting 13 instead.

I still have a couple more things I want to send out to some Database members as well...hopefully I will be able to do that before Christmas, but even if I can't, I'm looking forward to doing a little shopping for them in the new year.

It really is fun to send out surprise gifts...of the 14 packages I've mailed this past week, only 6 knew they were getting something from me beforehand!


12 comments:

  1. Very generous of you to spread the cardboard cheer-especially given your limited budget. I'm sure your recipients will appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I happened to be one of them. Thanks very much for thinking of me!

      Delete
    2. Hope you like it! I think you mentioned working on those sets, and I found the football card while shopping for my secret Santa.

      Delete
  2. I received mine today, thank you for thinking of me! Some really great variety too! I've got a backlog as far as post go right now, so please don't feel slighted if I don't get to the contents of your package until January. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like as well! I know exactly what you mean about backlogs, if you are happy than I am happy. When you get to it is fine.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have your address or I would have sent you some Sharks!

      Delete
  4. A great idea to spread card kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billy, Excellent random act of Cardness.

    ReplyDelete