Friday, December 21, 2018

New People added in November (Non-NBA/NHL/NASCAR)

I have got to come up with a better name for this series. Any suggestions?

1990 Topps #89

1990 Topps #609
1990 Topps #419
The first three came to me via Jon of A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts in January or February, but I held onto them until November. Another card from the same set was my Card of the Day for that day.
1993 Portfolio Endless Summer Wild Wave #2
This is a one-per-pack parallel. There were two people in the pack new to me, but the other card was too damaged by being stuck in the pack for 25 years so I didn't scan the card. (I had to edit out damage on this one, too, which I did because the scan was needed for the Trading Card Database)

1992 Pacific The Story of WWII #33
1992 Pacific The Story of WWII #29
Surprised this was my first card of Patton. Both came from the same pack, opened November 11th.

2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes #121

2008 Upper Deck Baseball Legends #127

2008 Upper Deck Baseball Legends #139
Some BIG names, from Shane of Shoebox Legends!
1982 Topps #578

1982 Topps #580
1982 Topps #581
Some vintage(ish) baseball, also from Shane. I tend to break vintage as older than me, which I know is pretty arbitrary, but these cards do predate me by two years.

1967 Philadelphia #34
 Actually my first card from this entire company!
1968 Topps #92
Both of these came from C2Cigars on the Trading Card Database, both athletes who battled diabetes during their careers.

And that was it for the month. It was very baseball heavy, including some very big names.11 of the 14 cards came to me as gifts from other collectors!

Now, whenever I hear "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio" I'll know...into my box labeled "Baseball - Scanned"

7 comments:

  1. "Shooty"??? Interesting.

    Your Joe DiMaggio comment made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if he had cards, but Ron Reed also played in the NBA. Maybe you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooty still works A's games from time to time. Love his commentary almost as much as I enjoy that Patton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool! Sometimes the journeyman players have more interesting commentary than retired superstars, I think.

      Delete