Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Cardboard History Gallery Update- time for an upgrade!

I've been working hard on my Cardboard History Gallery- you know, the page where I'm posting scans of my entire collection in albums sorted by set, person and team- and on June 6th, I filled the 130 GB that came with my original purchase of the website in October 2018.

Although I still have a long way to go before it's "done"...it'll never truly be done as long as I continue to collect...I guess current would be a better term...I managed to get a LOT on there:
Now that I've upgraded- to 400 GB- I should be able to get everything on there that I need to...maybe. (I still have 5 more upgrades I can do, if need be). Now that I've paid the fee to upgrade I don't have to worry, I can upload when I want to. For a few months I hadn't really been working on it because I needed to conserve the money.

Currently, I'm working on NBA by set. When I began the project I was only going to post to the By Set sections as I scanned stuff, then go back and fill in everything that came before. But, it's the only place I store my front and back scans in the same place, and I decided I liked seeing them all together, so I decided to work on the "By Sets" section now instead of later. I've already got the By Team done (probably my favorite part of the website) and I had begun working on By Person, finishing non-Sports and other sports, but those are on the backburner for now. I will get to them in due time.

I decided to tackle the NBA by set first, since it's the largest section by far. (The NBA by Team took more than 50% of my 130 GB!) I got up to 1999-00 Topps Tipoff before I filled up- card #41 was the last one posted before I ran out of space. Not that it really matters, I figure I should include that info because I might be curious someday.

It's a little depressing seeing how many back scans I've lost, but it will at least give me something to do after I've finished scanning everything...whenever that may be.

I still have one more section I want to create but I will get to that in due time as well, and post about when I create it.

2 comments:

  1. Considering scanning is one of my least favorite things to do... this is a task I can't imagine ever taking on. Best of luck to you though. Gotta admit, it'd be pretty cool to have a scan of any card in my collection at the click of a button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I really enjoy the scanning process. There are some flaws...foils and Finest style cards scan terribly. But I love being able to look at anything with just a couple clicks.

      Delete