Sunday, June 30, 2019

That took longer than I thought it would

I've been working hard on Cardboard History Gallery, and last night I finally completed getting the NBA by Set posted! That was a ton of work...because it's about half my entire collection. I've been working on posting them since either February or March- I don't remember when I decided to prioritize this- and I didn't finish until June 29th! 

It's the only place I store my front and back images in one place, which is kind of why I prioritized it. It's also kind of neat to see when I last scanned a card for a set. For some of the sets I've completed, it will never be updated again, so in the future I'll be able to watch and see how long ago the album was created and updated. For a set like 1975-76 or 1976-77 Topps, for example, what's there is there. I have the entire set, fully scanned and posted. There were no inserts to chase that year, so it's really, truly complete. 
Here's a screencap from when I was composing the post. One of the things I love the most about the Fotki format is that every time I refresh, there's a different image as the sample. To be honest, sometimes I just refresh repeatedly to see the images change. 

Doing this project has shown me just how many backs I lost when my 1st remote hard drive crapped out. I am going to have to do a lot of rescanning at some point. I also discovered that when my laptop crapped out in October, I apparently hadn't backed up some of the back scans, because I found three from 2017-18 that were missing- and my Excel chart didn't have them listed either, which is bad because I was sure I had backed that up properly....I went and checked the Database and I posted the scan just two days before the computer died. I might try to get it running again- a challenging process, and which may not work, and see if I can rescue them. 

Here's the stats page screencapped. 
Am I caught up? Oh no, not by a long shot. I still have to do the NHL, NASCAR, Non-Sport and Other Sports by set....as well as basketball, hockey, baseball and football by person, and most of Auto Racing, having only done the letters A and B. 

I still have a long way to go, but it does feel nice to accomplish something, especially what is, in all reality, the largest part of the website. And even more so because today was a lousy day health wise and I missed out on some great stuff because of it. 

1 comment:

  1. This is quite the project, but it's gonna be so awesome when you're finished and only have to do update scans here and there. I love that you'll be able to bring up any card by set/year or by player at the push of a few buttons. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete