Saturday, July 22, 2017

Seeing Double

As I've mentioned before, I love error cards...getting a new one is a huge thrill. They have a very small presence on Cardboard History, something that's on my "To-Do" list to fix, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

I got a pretty spectacular double printing error in the mail today, courtesy of Trading Card Database member purtz5979. He posted this card on the Card Identification Forum and I commented on it's errorness. He was kind enough to send it to me and it arrived in today's mail.

Do not adjust your set, the card really looks like this in hand!

I've been collecting error cards for decades and this is only the third double print of this style I've been able to acquire...and by far the most dramatic.

Here's the front.
Unfortunately, it's normal 😁

Thanks again Paul!

18 comments:

  1. Very cool - love error cards, though I keep my collecting to baseball and hockey ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first baseball example but probably around 300th overall. I need to post more about my errors as I have gotten my hands on a few spectacular ones. I don't have any from hockey yet I don't think.

      Delete
  2. Wow, don't stare at that for too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It starts to make my eyes lose focus if I look at it too long. Kind of like a 3D publication.

      Delete
  3. It is difficult enough for those of us over 40 to read the backs of cards anymore sometimes even the fronts, and forget the foil lettering. This one will make ya go blind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why Panini doesn't put stats-they are trying to save people's eyes! 😁

      Delete
  4. My eyes! That's a doozy of an error

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see more of your error cards!

    I found a typo in the digital version of Tribute recently. Topps Digital didn't fix it because the error was accurately reproduced from the physical set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll work on getting some more posted...I have to rescan a few but I might be able to get up a post about them this week sometime.

      I'm noticing a lot of typos on cards both old and new. Never realized there were so many out there until recently.

      Delete
  6. Are you a collector of "no foils"? When I come across these, I never know quite what to do with them. Certainly not as eye-catching as the double-print here! Funny how the back is still somewhat nicely centered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. one of the more common errors but always fun.

      Delete
  7. That is pretty trippy! I know that set is from the junk-wax era, but still pretty nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No card is junk...the best era in card history in my opinion!

      Delete
  8. Error cards use to be so fun. Love this double print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still enjoy them immensely. I am looking at getting some more errors posted this weekend if all goes well.

      Delete