Wednesday, December 4, 2019

31 years in the hobby, and I just bought toploaders today, for the first time ever.

I never though I would ever do it...but I did. I bought toploaders. Specifically to mail out the prizes from my recently completed contest. I have 13 winners of the contest (since Matt declined to enter) plus two trades and two PIFs, plus I'm waiting on some of what I purchased for my Secret Santa recipient to arrive as well... and I was pretty much out of the oversized toploaders. So, I had to buy some.

I'm still trying to come up with good prizes for some of you. A couple of you I need contact info for. I may end up asking you to pick some cards off my tradelist on the Database.

I am out of bubble mailers totally, so I need to make a Wal-Mart run to get some more. (and check for the Wal-Mart exclusive NBA Prizm box, too). Hoping to get them out soon, but I have another root canal tomorrow so I may not be up to making a Wal-Mart run just yet. They will be in the mail next week for sure.

This has actually been fun (but costly!) to pick out cards for people. I wish I had more money to pick out more cards for you guys, but the root canal is going to cost me $950 out of pocket...so I'm pretty much out of hobby money for the rest of this decade.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're able to grab a Prizm basketball blaster before they're gone. I'm guessing that's going to be a a red-hot product if it isn't already.

    I've spent way too much cash on card supplies this year (and not enough on cards) but I probably have some used top loaders of all sizes if you need them in the near future. Just let me know and I'll set some aside for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing my local Wal-Mart, they probably won't even bother to put them out. I usually have enough at hand but this is the largest round of mailing I've ever done! You'll be getting two of them, since I'm taking the opportunity to send along a little stack I had for you waiting anyway.

      Delete
  2. I don't want to think about how many top loaders I've purchased over the years. And sorry to hear about the $950 root canal. Dental fees are insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At least this time they waited for the novacaine to take effect before they started drilling. It wore off at the end but still better than last time.

      Delete
    2. It wore off at the end? Oh heck no. I would have told them to give me another shot. Sorry to hear about that.

      Delete