Thursday, December 5, 2019

Wave 1 is away

Wave 1 of my Contest Prizes is going in the mail as I type this post (with a tip of the cap to my mom, who's waiting on line for me since I'm in too much pain to do so)

You may notice that there are 15 packages going out, yet there were only 12 winners, (two declined to get any cards) and yet I call this wave 1...well, there's a good reason for that. There's a couple of PIFs, and a couple of trades from the Database in here as well... and there's more to come. I'm waiting on the addresses for 3 people, waiting to hear back from one more, and waiting on my COMC box to arrive so I can send out my Secret Santa, which I may have to overnight depending on how long it takes COMC to get my box to me. Scheduled to arrive here December 17th, which is cutting it close, but they usually get it sooner than they predict. Fingers crossed, I may never use them for Secret Santa again if it blows up in my face, LOL.

I've received far more PIFs than I have received, so much so that I'm embarrassed by my lack of reciprocating. While I can likely never repay the kindness I've been shown, at least I can occasionally send out a little something to some of the people in the hobby who have been kind to me.

Some of these are going pretty close to me, and some are going pretty far...across the country and even out of the country.

I hope the people on the receiving end of these packages is happy with what I've chosen. In truth, I've had some of these cards waiting to send out for over a year, just needed to get myself in motion. Finally did!

Edit: It cost $86 dollars to mail all them...next contest is only having one winner, LOL!

9 comments:

  1. Big props for your generosity Billy. Amazing how quickly postage can add up. I may not reduce my mailings, but next year, I need to keep track just so I know how much I am spending on postage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'd rather not know how much I spend...on both myself and others. If I stopped to think about it I would never buy anything for myself ever again!

      Delete
  2. Very generous of you Billy, I'm only sending a fraction of that and I'm overwhelmed. COMC really screws those of us who are buying cards as Xmas gifts for other collectors; it's why I had to request shipment on my cards before Black Friday (and they just arrived yesterday.) 

    I hope you got the PWE I sent last week. I know the mail has been slow due to the snowstorms/holidays but that shouldn't have affected mail across one state line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not yet, but thank you for the impending cards! It would probably be faster to just drive to some of you local guys. There's like 6 bloggers within two hours of home. We should have a convention.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did get those packages together quickly, Billy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't hurt that I had a stack going for some of the winners already :)

      Delete
  4. A. You've got one heck of a blog... and this whole "everyone wins" in your contest is definitely "next level". Kudos to you for your generosity!

    B. Kudos to your mom for helping you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost everybody in the community has been generous to me over the years, it's time for me to give back!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the kind words. I don't mind waiting in line to mail all this stuff..they usually have good music playing, which I enjoy listening to while waiting.

      Delete