Sunday, December 15, 2019

Updating an older post and some other small topics

A few days back I was pretty furious at COMC. They didn't send one of the cards  I was looking forward to getting, and I made a rather accusatory post on Twitter, figuring that they sold it out from under me via their ebay auctions that they are pushing.

Well, COMC responded...they totally defused my furor and they made it right. Not only did they replace the card, they also credited me back the $1.30 I had spent on the original card. Yes, it wasn't about the money, it was about the fact that it would have been my first autographed lady hockey player card.
This is the card they replaced it with...so it still is, even if the SN is different. I'm still learning about hockey but I think this may be part of the shoulder number. The black is the base jersey, the red and white is elevated...I would say a patch but it seems more printed on, although it's raised.

I was preparing to post about being done with COMC, but that is no longer the case. The way they handled this was top notch. Frankly, they handled it better than I did. Restored my faith in the company….although I still have issues with them charging me two fees to sell one card.

I decided NOT to spend the $1.30 they gave me, and have left it in  my account to pay the monthly storage fees for the cards I'm trying (poorly) to sell.

As an added bonus, the front scan- the same one posted right here- became my 4000th hockey contribution to the Trading Card Database in the 3 AM hour of the 14th, when I uploaded it.

==================================================

Part of my COMC order included some cards for my Blogger Secret Santa, which went in the mail on Friday the 13th. I was afraid that I was going to have to overnight it to the recipient, but the PO said it's expected to arrive at it's destination no later than the 17th. I used my actual return address label to mail it so the secret won't be a secret for long. This year I actually remembered to photograph it before I packed it...ALL my presents are labeled with a Sharpie, including those to my family members. Gold this year instead of the usual black! 
==============================================

I finally bought dividers for my NHL paper listing. After creating the listing back in 2017, NOW it finally feels real. It's already at 4 binders, but unlike my NBA and NASCAR binders where I've been collecting for decades, there's still a lot of empty space in the NHL binders, waiting to be filled. Naturally, I chose the set closest to completion to photograph...you can see another example of my terrible handwriting, and how I color-code each day I get cards. (Cards in black with no date are those I had before I made the paper listing)


=========================================

Finally, because it's just about Christmas time, here's a picture of an apple pie that my mom made. 
It tasted even better than it looked! 

If all goes according to plan, I will be having one of the last adventures of the decade when this post goes live….so stay tuned for another trip post coming sometime in the next few days! 

19 comments:

  1. Yum ... pie.

    Good for COMC. People like to bitch about them (heck they like to bitch about everything), but I've had nothing but good experiences with COMC. They also seem to genuinely care about customer service so what you experienced is in line with my perception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to be that kind of person but some things just push me over the edge...

      Delete
  2. Good on COMC. I like the Lacquette a lot! That apple pie sure looks tasty too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on COMC! And that pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that they made it right. It can be down right angering to not get what you paid for in regards to cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for sure. Fleer owed me two redemptions when they went under, and Panini owes me a couple now from 2012-13 sets...all of which I pulled, but still.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see someone using good ol' pen and paper. Also, is that a "K" for "Kingsley" on that pie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really trust the computer enough to ever stop using it...and it doesn't register in my head (if it's going to) unless I write it. It's not, but I noticed that when taking the photo. It's a "put holes in it so it doesn't explode K"!

      Delete
    2. Exploding pie! Hmm, I never thought of that but it might be fun to capture in super fast speed...or even slow motion! 🤔😉

      Delete
  6. Secret Santa package arrived on the 16th, as a matter of fact. If I wasn't so far behind on the rest of Christmas, I'd have posted about it today! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was quick! No rush, I just hope you like what I chose!

      Delete
  7. I’ve had great experiences with comc so glad it worked out for you too. This makes me want to eat some apple pie :-)

    ReplyDelete