Sunday, January 19, 2020

10 years to scan, 9 days to post. (Update! Cardboard History won!)

At 7:23 AM on Thursday morning, January 9th, I completed transitioning the sports by season and non-sports by subject over to the Cardboard History Gallery. I started around 2 AM on January 1st, and honestly, it didn't take me as long to do as I expected. I figured it would take me most of January to do, considering how many scans I uploaded. But this is good. I had been storing all my scans on my original Fotki in this format since I began scanning in 2009, and it's how my scans have always been stored in my archive as well...so it was a simple matter to upload them to the new one. Since I launched the Gallery on October 18th, 2018, it has taken up a lot of my time, and it's been taking it up for longer than that- the prep work took me over a year before I was ready to launch.

Now all my card stuff is in one place.*

You can browse sports by person, team, set or season. Non-Sports is available by subject, person (if applicable) and set...automotive by brand...Non-Sports by year is still yet to come. After such a big project I want a little break before I tackle that aspect. For the sports that don't have their own section, they can be browsed by person, season and set...but not by year or team. Not enough to make it worth it.

Please take a look at the Cardboard History Gallery. I've put so much effort into it...it's not just tracking my collection, it's a resource that can be used as well. With 464,934 scans posted...and there will be more by the time you read this...it's my own personal collection database, but I've made it so anyone can see it.

* I have yet to transition the Error Gallery over yet.

I have also put a clickable logo for the Gallery on the right side of my page. It's right below the archive of previous posts. Now it's easier than ever to go and look at what I've done.

Update: Shortly after this post went live, the Trading Card Database awards were revealed, and Cardboard History won Blog of the Year for the 3rd time in the 4 years of the award. I'm shocked, as I consider 2019 to be a down year in Cardboard History's....history.
I also won Most Congenial, for some reason 😉

Thanks to whomever voted for me!

17 comments:

  1. That's a tremendous amount of work! Nice reference for people to check.
    CONGRATULATIONS on winning those awards! Outstanding achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge honor and one that is well deserved!! Looking forward to browsing all the scans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sumo has it's own sections in Other Sports! Thanks to you, because all that I have came from you. Still have a lot left to scan.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the award. I just spent an hour looking over your Fotki! What a neat site, and the work?? You must be one happy man! Quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for exploring it, as well! I'm anything but happy, but I'm pretty good at hiding it...

      Delete
  4. Well-deserved. And yes, I voted for you in at least both of those spots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! I voted for you on most congenial and Member of the Year. Congrats on the repeat!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well earned, Billy! It's great to see your hard work recognized by so many folks at TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dethroned!

    Maybe I should join TCDB. But where will I find the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the only one who I've ever lost to already! You should join. It's the best thing you could do for your collection. Take the time you'd spend reading Cardboard History if need be!

      Delete