Friday, January 24, 2020

Randomish Rangers from COMC

I like to sort by various subjects on COMC and just pick off cheap cards I don't have yet, and one of my topics to search for is Rangers. Of course, I don't just pick up anything- I pick out cards I'm unlikely to get any other way.

 This is a promo for 197-98 Zenith, and it's also my first card from the set. COMC stated "corner ding" but they neglected to mention that it had a big spot of adhesive on the front, which looked like price tag residue. Luckily, I was able to save it. The corner ding is unnoticeable and not as bad as some that they don't say anything about.
 2001-02 Topps Chrome Refractor, only my second card from the set. {I got two more Refractors from the set in my Christmas order, and they got posted first!}
 I love the clear cards in Ice. Since 2005-06 has the rookie cards of Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Lundqvist, I have about 0% chance of ever getting to open a box of them, so I'm picking up the clear rookies on COMC when they pop up cheaply.
 I did a random search for Promo and these came up (also where I found the LaFontaine). Never had seen them before. So, I added it to my collection. It's a 2012-13 Universal/GTS promo.
 epack exclusive Compendium. If we could buy compendium as a real set, it would be my favorite of every year, because it gives every player a card...which is what it should be.
 I don't even remember how I found this one, but it's my first card from 2018-19 SPx and I think my 2nd of Andersson.
 I don't really like these gold foiled parallels from Upper Deck, which are epack Exclusive, but I still pick them up from time to time. Usually only for Rangers, Golden Knights or a select few favorite players. They tend to be very cheap on COMC.

While I was looking for the Zuccarello Green parallel I posted in my Hockey Favorites post, I saw Kreider there for about 30 cents and added him as well.

6 comments:

  1. "epack exclusive Compendium. If we could buy compendium as a real set, it would be my favorite of every year, because it gives every player a card...which is what it should be."

    I also wish shipped the base from this set. It is a huge set and would be fun to put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. There should be at least one set a year that covers everybody!

      Delete
  2. i don't follow the sport. im afraid to, really. i'd then be sucked into collecting these amazing cards. nice adds, Billy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hooked me very quickly...now it holds the top spot!

      Delete
  3. Another nice refractor. Nedved was a guy I wanted to like, but played for teams I couldn't root for. I think he got a bad rep in the (Canadian) media, like they expected more out him.

    I was into ePack the first year or two. The Compendium set would be a perfect low-end release. The 2016-17 set is really nice. Didn't care for the 2018 or 2019 edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even think I've seen the 2018-19 set, or this year's, if they did it.

      Delete