Sunday, January 5, 2020

maybe I should have set a harder goal

If you recall from my post of just a few days ago, I decided on December 30th that I was going to have a goal in 2020 after all, and that it would be to scan all the cards I got for Christmas, minus the Topps stickers, before Christmas 2020.

Considering I got 824 cards for Christmas, I figured this goal would be something that I could do easily, even if I got antsy doing page after page of the same set- a common problem with me.

I didn't expect it would be this easy though. Because as of 7:13 AM today, I'm done already*. Granted, the Topps Stickers take up 235 of those 824...but still, wow, that went faster than I ever expected. When I wrote up that portion of the post on December 31st I still had about half of them ahead of me.

This is even more amazing to me because my health problems have been acting up since the 31st so that has slowed me down some....but still moving through them quicker than I would have guessed.

This was the last card I needed to do to call this done:

I was originally not going to scan the blue parallels from my OPC box now, and instead pick up a couple of parallels on COMC to get a full page. I changed my mind, since the back of the cards is why they need to be scanned as a unit, not the front. Any card with a modern brown back would do, and I knew I had a small stack of cards from various Upper Deck era O-Pee-Chee releases, so three cards from the 2012-13 set did the trick.

Now, I do have that asterisk there. (*). I have five cards from the MVP fatpack waiting to be scanned. They will be scanned in a unit (page) of nine, because I bought 4 of the short prints on COMC with the $100 my brother gave me to spend on there, and I've requested shipment. Although it hasn't actually shipped out yet, it would be foolish to do them now when I will be able to do a full page in a short time. With the unusual blue coloration of the set this year, I find it's best to scan them in units of 9.  But close enough. I've essentially finished and will move on to scanning something else now.  It's possible that the cards I got for Christmas in 2018...and 2017...and 2016...will be among those scanned.

6 comments:

  1. Ain't nothin' wrong with setting goals that are achievable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true! I didn't expect it to be THIS achievable though!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! 824 scans in less than a week? That's pretty darn impressive. There's a chance I don't scan that many cards/stickers in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m all about achievable goals as well. Congrats. Love the NHL stickers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of getting through is having achievable goals and appreciating it when you hit those marks. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete