Tuesday, January 7, 2020

My first TTM request

I just did something I never thought I would ever do....

a TTM request.

No, not sending one...SIGNING one!

Paul of Scribbled Ink sent me one of my cards from the 2019 Trading Card Database Meet-Up insert, and asked me to sign it. Happy to oblige, I even gave him a choice of colors for what I would sign it in.

I made sure to leave enough space so that he could send it to Aaron for his signature as well If he so chooses. I did mess up the dot over the I though, it blends into the K. The E and Y kind of blend together as well. Ah, I never said I had legible handwriting :)

I have be honest...I never imagined I'd be signing a TTM request. But I have to admit...it sure brought a smile to my face when I realized what was going on! (I've never opened a package and had a SASE fall out of it before)

I only hope I packed it well for it's return trip...I don't do PWE so I have almost zero experience, lol.

Paul also sent me three autographed and numbered hockey cards, but I have not scanned them yet. Being mirror foil, it will be a challenge, but I will accomplish it. It was my first PIF of 2020, as well! One from CrazieJoe has since joined it...thanks again!

11 comments:

  1. You know you've made it in our blogosphere when you're signing TTM's. Congratulations Billy! Like I said in my post, the highlight of the care package you sent me was receiving your autographed business card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! If I ever do a blogger meetup I'll have to get someone to print some cards to mark he occasion.

    I'm assuming Aaron is from Finland? Or is he just a fan of a Finn (Selanne, perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering you're a Database member, if the other person you meet is also a Database member, you can get into next year's Meet-Ups insert set. I see you are planning a trip to the National...there will be a lot of meeting up there.

      He is indeed a Teemu collector. Do a search on the Lists section on the Database, he has a couple for Teemu.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome. And you have a much better signature than 95% of the athletes out there. Looks sharp in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Congrats on your first autograph request!

    ReplyDelete