Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Lost & Found: Hockey Promo

I found my box of missing oversize cards (which will get their own post in the near future) but a surprise for me waited in the box. I had absolutely zero memory of having this, but there it was waiting in the box.

It's an uncut sheet of promos for 1993-94 Pinnacle series 1. I learned on the Trading Card Database that they issued promos for series 2 as well, something you don't see very much in the world of cards.

The question now is, where did this come from? I had no memory of it. It's not in the greatest shape- there is some scratching and chipping on the back. I probably got it for free somewhere- hockey was not on my radar until very recently. It's possible my dad may have brought it home. He would find things left on the buses he maintained and while he was supposed to throw the stuff out, he would bring it home instead if he felt like it. The very first baseball cards in my collection came to me that way in fact. (a couple cards from 1979 Topps and more than 20 from the Pacific Tom Seaver set of 1992)

I have no idea but I am happy to have it. It was not counted as part of my collection so now that I've found it it brings my NHL collection to 2999 cards....almost all of which I've received as gifts.

4 comments:

  1. Adding to your collection from your own collection is always fun - I'm constantly finding stuff I didn't even know I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great but it's pretty rare for me as I've been way OCD about my collection since I was in grade school. Most of the time for me it happens because i didn't know an error or variation existed and I put it in my duplicate stash as my charts are all based on card number.

      Delete
  2. Cool item Billy, love seeing some hockey cards here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find I really enjoy them so they will probably be appearing more often here

      Delete