Tuesday, April 25, 2017

30 Day Challenge 24: Favorite 60s Oddball

I don't actually have many 60s oddballs. Again, like the 50s, it's from before I was born so I don't really know what is out there, so I basically only have whatever I've stumbled across.

This one is a set I was aware of and looked for. From 1961-62, it's the Essex Meats St. Louis Hawks set.
This regional issue was made by the Essex Meats company. The cards are not numbered and include several players who got their only card in this set. McCarthy is not one of them, though, he also appears in 1961-62 Fleer. This is the only card I've been able to get my hands on- some of them can sell into the triple digits so I don't expect to ever be able to complete this set.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to see if I can't get some more at some point. Surprised I was able to find one in as good a condition as this one for a price I could live with.

      Delete
  2. What a neat card. Local companies sponsoring sets make for fun collecting, even if you only grab one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! But we can't stick with just one, we are collectors, LOL

      Delete
  3. Great card. Never seen these cards which is great and I'm a Hawks fan so it doubles the fun. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome! I think they are all scanned on the Trading Card Database.

      Delete